Thursday, December 8, 2011

Restyle Week: McCalls 5936

This was my second version of this jacket (first is here). I made this one out of a nice stretch corduroy with a stretch satin lining. The first jacket I did was in a double knit and the peplum falls beautifully, but the corduroy is just too thick and the peplum sticks straight out!

I ended up unpicking the peplum and just hemming it as a cropped jacket.

Before: (I lightened the pics so you could see them better)



After:



Stretch satin lining:


Piping around the facing;


Buttons;



Pattern Details; McCalls 5936

Description: Semi-fitted princess seamed jackets A, B have separate lapels, flared peplums and sleeve variations

Fabric Used; Stretch corduroy for the main fabric and a stretch satin as the lining.

Size: I made a 18 with adjustments - FBA, extra back width and extra arm width

Will you make it again: Yes, if I make the full jacket it will need to be in a drapier fabric, and I'm thinking about making another cropped version in a denim.

No comments:

Post a Comment