Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Restyle week: Kwik Sew 3783

This was the first dress I made, the zippers installed a bit crappily but the rest of the construction isn't that bad (the princess seams are better than some I've sewn lately!). I've never worn it though because I made it out of a cotton drill with no stretch and I think the skirt is either a bit too tight or needs a lining as it would ride up when I walked. So I decided to crop it off into a top. It actually sits a lot better as a top and I like it so much I'm planning on making another one!
The colour didn't photograph well, but its a nice bright apple green.

Before:


After:






Pattern Details;
Kwik Sew 3783. I made view B

Material Used: Cotton drill

Size: I made the XL with no adjustments

Will you make it again: Yes - If I make the dress again I'll use a sateen or double knit and if I make it as a top it will be either a woven or stretch.

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant idea to 'chop-it' and have a usable top for summer.
    And, you could use the skirt bit for lining on a vest, or some other project in the future.

    ReplyDelete