Saturday, December 3, 2011

Sewing organisation: Sewing room


I used to sew inside the house, set up on the kitchen table. It drove me nuts having to pack away everything everytime we wanted to eat dinner so I commandeered our back shed, lol. It get freezing in winter and boiling hot in summer, but its lots of space and it feels separate to the house so its a bit of a getaway to head out there.

I lined the walls years ago with timber and painted it, plus used some old carpet and a rug we had to line the floors.


I use a trestle table for my cutting space


I got this cabinet at an auction for my sewing machine


This cabinet and my overlocker was from my husbands Grandmother


Also from his Grandmother was a massive box of patterns, unfortunately they are pretty much all 1980's and not exactly my style. She did buy a lot of Vogue though and had all these original labels in a bag


This is the wardrobe I stand in front of for photos, I installed shelving in it and labled everything. I make sure I wash everything and catalogue it before it goes in the wardrobe


This is the other side, I keep my interfacing, buttons and zippers in it


I won this on ebay from a closing down craft shop (best score ever!), I can't remember what I paid for it exactly but I think it worked out to around 40c each spool of thread.


I always enjoy a look through someones sewing room so I hope you liked it!

2 comments:

  1. I love looking at other people's sewing spaces. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sewing space!! I've just found your blog, your're a fantastic sewer :D

    ReplyDelete