Saturday, September 29, 2012

Vogue 8751: Grey Linen






More pants, I guess everyone is getting really sick of seeing them! I promise I will be sewing something else one day!

Same pattern as last time, I added the extra width (about 2cm to inner and outer seams) and in the end I decided that I can't quite get away with 3 buttons at the front as it means the zipper has to sit down too low so I cut the waistband back at the front which raised the zipper and got rid of the bunching I was getting with the last pair.

Other than the pink linen pants I've never actually owned linen pants, I've never even seen them in my size in RTW. I have read that the more you wash them the softer they get and that seems to be happening to the pink ones. The linen is a lot more comfortable than I thought it would be to wear, it has a bit of give and this one is pretty soft. As much as I love the bright pink pants I haven't worn them in public yet, so these are my sensible linen pants, lol.



I think I'm going to need to make my pants a bit tighter though, the last pair has stretched out a bit and so have these already, even with the stay tape at the waistband. This week I'm going to unpick the waistbands and tighten them up a bit, its annoying but I'd rather have to do this than make them too small in the beginning.

PS; if you live in Australia Lincraft is having a 40% off fabric sale (I think it starts next week for non-members?). I've been impressed with their bengalene but the ponte I got from there isn't wearing well, its pilled pretty bad.

16 comments:

  1. These are soooooo pretty! Loving all of the pants you've made lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another pair...keep going while they are turning out so well. That grey colour is just so versatile.
    Thanks for the shout on Lincraft - haven't seen it advertised! And I am on holidays at the moment, so plenty of time to prowl the store.
    Also, love the curly look...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith! The curly look is when I'm lazy, lots easier to put in rollers than straighten my hair some mornings!

      Delete
  3. They look awesome. How do they go with wrinkling?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, they don't seem to bad so far with wrinkling but I guess I'll see when I wear them all day!

      Delete
  4. Have you considered renaming your blog Suzy Bee Sews Pants?
    Great job, you are consistently sewing pants with a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great pair of pants. I have never sewn with linen but I bet they will be great for the warmer months. I got some ponte from spotlight and mine is pilling bad as well. I thought maybe they were bad quality but Peggy Saggers commented on one of her webcasts that Ponte does pill and she just uses a de-piller.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Thats really interesting about the ponte, I thought it meant it was just bad quality and that the wool blend ponte wouldn't pill! So thats really good, maybe I just need a de-piller!

      Delete
  6. Ok, confession time now. I am very jealous of all the beautiful trousers you have been making. Please stop tormenting me. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful pair! I love your waistbands too. I love seeing what you've sewn, and it's making me realise it is worth the effort to achieve a good fitting basic pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, I am hiring you to make me pants! You are going great guns with these :D

    ReplyDelete