Sunday, September 16, 2012

Simplicity 2224: Linen pants





So pink linen pants, doesn't everyone have a pair? Lol, I picked this linen/rayon blend from Spotlight, its a gorgeous fabric, I think it must be the rayon in it that makes it feel so soft. I used my pants block on a sz XL and made a couple of changes to this pattern, it has an elastic waist and no waistband which isnt a really flattering look on me so I changed it to have a waistband and only put elastic in the back and graded it in at the top a bit.


I flat felled the seams in the front and back and just serged the side and inner seams.


I'm still getting used to woven pants, they feel quite baggy and I'm not sure about the back of them, they look well, baggy. I'm not sure if thats normal for woven pants because I've never owned a pair before! But they are seriously comfortable and should be nice in spring/summer.

15 comments:

  1. They look great! I particularly like the flat waistband at the front with the elastic at the back. Stylish but comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect pants! I don't think they look 'baggy' as such, it is just the wider leg styling. The elastic is a brilliant idea as it pulls the waistline in to avoid gapping. They look really comfy - Spotlight must be picking up their game in fabric lately...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judith - the fabric was in the 'designer' lot that they had for $5 a meter not long ago. Most of it was really awful polyester stuff but there was a bright blue and this pink linen/rayon blend. The blue sold out ages ago but there was heaps of this pink still left!

      Delete
  3. I love that colour and I always love your funky linings. I think linen pants need to be wide, otherwise it will be wrinkle city, more so than usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still getting used to the wrinkles, I gave up on ironing them because they would wrinkle as soon as I picked them up again!

      Delete
  4. Pink pants and blue shoes? Heaven have mercy- I need this combination for summer. These look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are not baggy just stylish wide legged trousers. I always love the little bit of fun you put into the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous trousers, really classic in shape but the fun colour makes them perfect for summer and beautifully casual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! The colour is so bright I'm still getting used to it!

      Delete
  7. Fabulous colour - I love with the turquoise shoes too! Great fit also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love them. Such a fun colour. The fabric sounds lovely and perfect for this style of pants.

    ReplyDelete
  9. those are hot!!! The hot pink and poke dots marry so well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these!!! Especially with the shoes. Neat work with the waistband. The bright color suits you. Really nice.

    ReplyDelete