Sunday, October 2, 2011

Simplicity 2176




Pattern Description: Misses' & Miss petite dress in two lengths with sash, Project Runway Collection.

Pattern Sizing: I made to size 20 with adjustments



Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I like the princess line bodice and the full skirt, and the different options for straps and details

Fabric Used: Cotton Sateen for the main fabric and a strecth cotton poplin to line.




Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I made a FBA of 1.5", shortened the skirt by 1.5", lined the bodice and used a facing for the hem. Plus I used an invisible zipper and added pockets from S2588. I had some gaping on the pleats as well, so I sewed them down for a few inches.


Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes and Yes!


Conclusion: I wanted a basic dress pattern to use again and again and I think I've found it! I'm very happy with it, just such a nice simple summer dress.


This is one of the last lots of fabric I bought, I promised myself no new fabric (unless I find it at the op-shop or market) a couple of weeks ago and so far, so good. Its harder than I thought though!
If it's not obvious by my last few projects, I seem to have a thing for Sateen, lol. I like the weight of it and how its not at all clingy and that light sheen that it has. Plus its stretchy! I have a lot of plain cottons in my stash so I think the next dress will be cotton but I'll shirr the back.

1 comment: