Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Lonsdale dress take 2






I made this dress for my Mum, I always love sewing for her (don't tell the Selfish Seamstress though, lol) because other than a petite adjustment she fits in to clothes straight off the pattern.

I made a size 12 with a 2" shortening of the bodice and a 4" hem shorten.


The fabric is a Cotton Poplin 50's remake from Spotlight.


Satin Piping around the waistband and bodice edge


Contrast sateen for the waistband


French seams down the sides and hong kong binding on the front and back seams


The bodice is lined with a stretch cotton poplin



I made another Lonsdale for her, just got to get around to hemming it and redoing the zipper and I'll post it up as well.

3 comments:

  1. wow, nice job and i'm really impressed with your attention to detail with all the nice seams and piping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanx Suzy.Love ma.xo

    ReplyDelete