I've been a bit obsessed with mixed fabric dresses lately, I love a knit bodice and a woven skirt, seems the best of both worlds!
Pattern detailsn (same as last time I made this dress);
- sz20 with d cup
- 1" fba
- 1" wedge from back neck alongside of the zipper
- 2" petite bodice
- 1" wedge out of bustline length
- lowered neckline
- added waistband
- added pockets from Simplicity 2588
- Took in the sides by a total of 4"
- Took out length in the bodice of about 2"
- Cut the back on the fold
- Gathered the skirt instead of pleating it so I could make the dress a pull-on.
- Bound the neckline instead of lining the dress.
- Added a 4" facing to the hem to help weigh it down
Cotton spandex knit for the bodice from Spotlight and a cotton voile for the skirt that was left over from my Cambie dress
I'm happy with how it turned out and I'll be making more mixed fabric dresses soon!