Thursday, January 29, 2015

Oliver + S: Sunday Brunch Jacket


 

Its that time of the year again to make mini jackets - my friends daughter is turning 4 and I wanted a pretty little jacket for her to wear to kindy that could still get thrown through the washing machine.

I never realised Spotlight stocked Oliver + S patterns until I spotted (heh) this on a clearance rack with 2 other patterns. I've always wanted to try them out so this one came home with me.

The fabric is leftover from this dress and the lining is a thin satin from Clear It in Melbourne, buttons are from clear it too.


The pattern itself is well drafted, the sizing is pretty much near identical to Australian kids RTW (I did some snoop shopping at Target with my tape measure!).

Some changes: I added more interfacing than required - interfaced the upper front and half of the lower front, using a medium knit weft fusible on the lower and some armoweft on the collar and the upper front for extra stability.


I added a lining as this fabric is a poly knit and I didn't want it exposed inside.
I assembled it slightly differently to the directions, so I could bag the lining plus I did some extra topstitching on the cuffs so when it gets washed everything stays where its meant to!


It didn't use as much fabric as the pattern said, only about 60cm x 150cms.



This is the third jacket I've made for Miss 4, first is here and the second is here.

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty and practical too. I love the pink contrast. Perfect for a little girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. That is ADORABLE! Can I have one? In adult size, of course. lol! Seriously cute, love the lace and pink together, and love that it can be tossed into the wash even more. Smart woman, you! What a lucky little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a gorgeous jacket and I'm guessing that since this is the third one you've made, your friend really appreciates that you sew for her daughter, which is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I want one. I love it. Lucky lucky little girl.

    ReplyDelete