Thursday, March 8, 2012

Still no sewing......

So, not much more progress on the sewing room - the electrician has come for the first fix and we pick up the rest of the timber needed tomorrow.
I have painted a cabinet that will hold a tv though - I mostly followed this tutorial I did have a lot of trouble with the paint sticking the drawers shut though, and if I did it again after I put the masking tape on I would cut around the drawers with a stanley knife and lift them out and paint them seperately. But it still looks pretty cool :D





And since I can't sew all I've done is buy.....

StyleArc patterns


My first fabric.com order - I found the fabric a bit thinner than I expected, but it has a beautiful sheen to it and I love the fact I got 100% silk for $4 a meter!!


I've been reading up all my blogs and fell in love with Oh, Fransson! and have planned a couple of quilts - she makes it look so easy and I love the bright modern designs. So I have a few orders coming from my favourite etsy seller LilyBellaFabrics, like these Heather Bailey fabrics which will make a quilt for my sewing room;


Joel Dewberry fabrics for my bedroom


and some Robert Kauffman fabrics that will make a quilt for my son;



I'm also waiting on a couple of sewing pattern orders and a walking foot for when I make some chanel style jackets and have to quilt the lining....Yikes, I neeed my sewing machine and room back!

7 comments:

  1. Love the look of your silks.. Very nice - 2 are similar (or the same maybe?) as the ones I ordered and one completely different - can't wait to see what you make with them - great cabinent too. Still waiting for my silks. They are thinner than a wool would be because they are raw silk. Very nice feel though. I purchased some before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also - am interested in how the style arcs go too..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we did get a couple of the same silks :) They are so much more gorgeous in real life, they have such a nice sheen to them.
      I've made a style arc skirt before but no pants - and since everyone loves the stylearc pants I'm interested too - fingers crossed!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing with us your sewing projects. I know how much time and effort it takes to not only make a garment but also to write about it and post it on a blog. I am nominating you for The Versatile Blogger Award. Head on over to http://sewruth.blogspot.com/
    collect the badge from my blog and display it on your page too. There are some rules that need to be followed which are listed on the post – Winners’ Meeting. Congratulations and thanks again. SewRuth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! I'm working on a post now for it :)

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed this entire post. The cabinet is fantastic. Its going to be a great piece in the room. I really enjoyed the wide-legged pants in your style arcs and can't wait to see them. All of your fabric selections are so happy and cheerful. I really like the ones for your bedroom quilt.

    ReplyDelete