Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Simplicity 1783: pants



 


They may be boring, basic and black but I live in cropped pants at work over spring/summer. So while I had this pattern out for the denim skirt I thought I'd make up the pants too.

Not much to say, I've made these a couple of times before (1 and 2).

Pattern details;
Size 18
Pull-on waistband
Added pockets to the front and back.
Took the legs in for a more fitted look.
Added cuffs with a side split as I ran out of fabric and the legs were too short. Used this tutorial for the side splits


Fabric Details;
Bengalene from Spotlight

7 comments:

  1. These look great. Very flattering fit and nice details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm waiting for this pattern to arrive and now you've gone and made an awesome pair of pants! Have you made the top yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carolyn, nope haven't made the top, I was worried that the combo of release pleats and an *ahem* larger bust was a mixture made for disaster! Would love to see it if you do though!

      Delete
  3. You have done beautiful work with these pants. Great fit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fit on your pants is wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One can never have enough black pants! These look terrific on you, I like the finish touches you added.

    ReplyDelete