I was lucky enough to pattern test this and I've been wanting to show it off since!
Its the new Sewaholic Yaletown dress and blouse. I made the dress mainly because I had enough fabric but I do want to make the blouse at a later date.
Fabric is a rayon from Darn Cheap Fabrics in Melbourne.
I made a sz16 with a couple of adjustments;
- Graded out to a sz 18 at the bust/waist
- 1" FBA rotated down into gathers
- 1" wide back adjustment
- Took out 3cm of bodice length
- Shaped the bottom of the bodice (Once I had the bodice sewn I put it on, pinned out the gathers then marked a straight line around)
- For once I didn't have to enlarge the sleeves so they are quite generous in size.
I love this dress, it has pockets and an elastic waist that's hidden by the belt. I like that the facings are topstitched down so cant flip out and I like the added button at centre front to stop the wrap gaping. It such a pretty spring dress, just need some nice weather to wear it in!