I cut out this version straight after finishing the last one, I love this pattern!
I've had this fabric in my stash for a while, it was one of those preshirred fabrics that are hemmed on one end and shirred on the other, I suppose its so you could make a really quick strapless dress out of it. I chopped off the shirred bit and just used the bottom half. I had plans for this to be a teal knit on the top and the stripes on the bottom to break it up a bit, but the teal ended up too tight and got chucked aside. Luckily I had enough to cut out the bodice from the leftover stripes! I always seem to struggle with knits being either too stretchy or not stretchy enough!
Same sizing as last time, I did add about 1cm to the bodice front though and it sits nicely underbust now.
I love the stripe layout, the pattern makes it really easy, I cut everything in a single layout using this technique. It means the stripes are identical and makes it so much easier to sew.
I read a blog post the other day about the perfect hem length. My thigh and calves are the same length oddly enough so I need my skirts to hit straight across my knee. I don't usually hold too much stock in things like this but it does seem to work and I look less frumpy with this length skirt, so take it FWIW.
The Brisbane catch-up