Another pair of jeans, I've been wearing my first pair heaps lately.
Same as last time;
- Added 1" to the inner leg seam on the front pattern piece.
- Adjusted the side seams - I have hyperextended calves and they were dragging the side seam backwards so I added to the back and took from the front to straighten it up.
- Changed the front pockets to a pocket stay.
- Shaped the side seams
- I did a couple of construction changes - I followed my fav zipper tutorial and serged the waistband facing instead of turning under (just helps to reduce bulk with a heavier weight denim).
- Shaped the waistband to be more curved to stop the gape at the back.
- Also I added elastic to the waistband to help stabilise/stop stretching out.
- Took in the side seams as my purple denim was very stretchy
- Plus I took length out of the legs at the knees from where I had originally added it and I also took some height out of the back rise, again from where I had added it.
I used a purple denim (its either from Rathdowne or GJ's discount fabrics). Its a lot thinner than my first pair and has some good stretch in it.
Topstitching is Gutermann and a matching plain poly thread for the bartacks. I'm definitely more of a fan of the upholstery thread for jeans topstitching, my machine doesn't really like how thick the topstitching thread is and I found it harder to keep an even line with it.
I added a pocket stay - its a quilting cotton that I had in my stash
Not much else to say except I've already cut out my third pair ready to be sewn!