Friday, August 22, 2014

McCalls 6992: Fox jumper

 



Inspired by Rachels great jumper my daughter wanted a similar one made, so we came up with this one.

The fabrics are from Spotlight. I'm not overly happy with the quality of the fox fleece, its faded out after prewashing and has some spots where its missing colour, not big enough to worry about but for a so called premium fleece who's full price is $16.99pm its pretty crappy.


Size wise - Its a sz 14, with the arms lengthened by 1" and the body shortened by 2" plus a swayback adjustment of 1" (she's about 5'4"). 5/8" FBA which was eased into the side seams. Otherwise its straight from the pattern and its fits her really well.


I overlocked all the seams and then topstitched the bindings down.


I asked her if this was her Fonzie pose and got asked who's that...sigh, I'm feeling old!

 
Not much more to say, its a good basic pattern and I'd recommend it.

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love the print. Too bad the fabric isn't washing well. :( But it's a great pattern/style and hopefully it won't fade anymore than that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's brilliant .... Shane about the fox fabric facing.. Totally want to steal it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya! a) I love that shirt. So awesome! b) There's someone over at the Curvy Collective who is looking for a mentor to help her fit pants... I wondered if you would be willing? Her post is here: http://curvysewingcollective.com/forums/topic/looking-for-a-mentor-for-pants-fitting/ She's looking for someone she could email some pics to once she's made a muslin, I think.
    :) Thanks! Gillian

    ReplyDelete