I've made this pattern a few times now (bengaline version here, and a few unblogged about pairs in Ponte). I love the ponte versions, they are my go to work pants but the cheaper ponte does seem to pill up really fast. This ponte is from Rathdowne Fabrics, it has a light diagonal stripe through it and is soft as butter while still being medium weight. It will be interesting to see how it wears.
As much as I love a pull-on pant I do miss pockets so this pair has a zippered pocket in the front. I put the zipper in facing the opposite way that I wanted but it doesn't worry me as much as I thought when wearing them.
To make the zipper pocket I made a window using interfacing (place right sides together of fabric and interfacing, stitch the window, slit and pull the interfacing through and then iron the interfacing into place), topstitched in the zipper and then topstitched the actual pocket which means there is only a single layer of material for the pocket instead of the usual two so it sits nice and smooth.
I have a few wrinkles across the front in these, The waistband has loosened off with wearing so they are sitting lower than they should and pooling at the front. I've been trying to avoid unpicking the waistband (I hate unpicking serging!) but I might have to stop avoiding it and do it!