Thursday, May 1, 2014

Fehr Trade 103: a duo of duathlons!


My version:

I reprinted out the pattern (properly this time!) and can now tell you that these are a sz XL with 2cm added to the inner leg seam and 2cm taken from the front side seams. I also took a wedge out of the side of these to get rid of some excess fabric that was pooling there and it also helped straighten up the legs.



Not sure whats going on with my face in these, chalk it up to teenage daughter induced stress!

Fabric is a black matt knit (same as last pair) and a digital print ponte from Spotlight.

I changed the waistband on these to a folded over one, I personally find it a lot more comfortable than an elastic one.



Ambers version:

Hers are a sz S graded out to a M at the waist with 1.5cm added to the inner leg seam only at the top (like Sunni talks about here).



I lengthened these to a full length pair for her and basted them together for a fitting, she has extra width at the calf but are very close fitting at the ankle. The side seams do twist around a bit, next version if she wants them full length I'll take a bit off the front and add it to the back around her lower calf area.

This is the second elastic waistband I've sewn onto these (first one was too tight apparently even through I test fitted her, of course now after a run in them she says they are too loose *eyeroll*). I added a drawstring to the waist, its very easy because of the way the elastic is sewn on, all I had to do was after I had serged the elastic to the waistband was sew a couple of buttonholes at the front then turn and topstitch, it creates a tunnel for the drawstring with no real extra effort.



She did a 4km run in these just after I finished them and they got the thumbs up, she did say the waistband felt too loose on the run so I think the next version I would make a straight size S without grading out at the waist.

Material wise, hers are made out of digital print ponte fabric from Spotlight with the side panel out of the matt black jersey, same fabrics as mine but switched around.

2 comments:

  1. Great job.. Both look great and so comfortable.. enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab! Love following your blog :)

    ReplyDelete