I've been holding onto this fabric since we had the Melbourne social sewing shop back in February. Its from the Alannah Hill outlet and is lovely and soft to touch (I did a burn test and I am guessing its a silk cotton). It is fairly see through so I decided to underline it with a quilting cotton from my stash to give it some body and to stop the seams showing through.
I haven't underlined anything this thin and shifty before. It wasn't as bad as I thought though, I cut it in a single layer and then machine basted around the pieces. I was worried about the top layer shifting or bagging out but it all seems to be sitting smoothly now its sewn.
Adjustment wise, we muslined up the dress first, its a sz 14 with the bust raised by 1", the waistline raised by 1/2" and the side seams taken in by 1/4" with the front bodice seam let out the same amount. The pockets are my favourite ones from Simplicity 2588, I love how they are sewn into the waist seam so they can't flap around.
I'm pretty happy with how it fits her, I'm finally starting to get an idea on what adjustments I need to do which is helping to eliminate the wadders.