Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Simplicity 1783 - Pants

 



We have been having a heatwave lately, had the hottest day on record a couple of weeks ago. I've never been so thankful to work in an airconditioned office! But it means I need more hot weather pants to wear.

Its funny how sometimes we find a TNT early on and don't appreciate it until we try different patterns! I actually muslined up the StyleArc Tori pant first but found the fit on the legs was terrible on me, my legs must curve in a lot and the Tori pant curves out so they got chucked and out came this pattern again.

Same as last time, I cut about a sz 24 adjusted with my pants block and the fabric is bengaline from Lincraft. I got rid of the waistband and instead used a fold over waistband. They fit really well and are so comfy to wear!



I added pockets on but since I'd raised the back height they are way too low, I used steam a seam before I topstitched though so those suckers are staying put! I've changed the pattern for next time to raise them buy a couple of inches.


I got a bit happy with the iron too and you can see press marks, they should disappear after a wash or two (hopefully)

7 comments:

  1. Just perfect for our never-ending summer ... J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! Every time there's a heatwave here I automatically think of how South Australian's must be faring... you guys get all the crazy dry heat!! Totally loving your shoes though - perfect parts work and hot-weather-handling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pants! They look perfect for work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pants are so cute.. Looks comfortable too.. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these so much; perfect length for summer! I just found you via the comments on Sew Busy Lizzy's blog, and I'm so glad I did! You're a pants-making machine, and I hope to be as awesome as you someday!
    Also, will you forgive me if I say you straight up look just like Amy Pond (Karen Gillan)? Super jealous, haha! =D

    ReplyDelete