Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sewaholic 1201: Renfrew top - Cowl version



Another Renfrew! This is view C with the cowl neck (I needed a break from the Chanel Jacket!))
I used a wool blend knit and made the same size as last time - a 16 through the neckline and graded out to a 18/20 on the waist/sleeves.
I noticed a fair bit of swayback pooling on the last version and since I've had no success with the FFRP adjustment I tried a different method this time;

Source


I scooped out about 1/2" extra on either side of the back piece only and I can notice a tiny difference but that could just be the material too.


I haven't had a cowl neck top before and I really love it, it's so snuggly and just perfect for winter.


I'm still playing around with photographing in my new space so apologies if the photos aren't that clear or I look a bit deranged, lol!

4 comments:

  1. You really look great in this style, Suzy. I have been wondering - how do you wash/treat wool jersey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou!
      The wool knit - I prewashed it and I'll be washing it with cold water in the machine on gentle - I used to just wash it with other clothes on warm/hot but with this version of Simplicity 2369(http://suzybeesews.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/simplicity-2369-blackberry-top.html), I had it shrink and stretch at the same time and its now pretty unwearable (too short and too wide now!)so I want to be more careful now!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful ! I like the way you used the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, another great top from that pattern. Thanks for your report on that technique.

    ReplyDelete