Monday, April 23, 2012

Urban Zoologie Birthday quilt




Its my son's 9th birthday tomorrow so I thought I'd better get a move on and make his quilt!


The pattern is based on this cot quilt, with the sashing double the height and 6" charm squares.



The main fabrics are from Robert Kaufmann's Urban Zoologie range and the sashing and bindings are a poplin from Spotlight. I thought it was 100% cotton, but after I bought it I realised its a poly blend. It still washes up nicely, but it seems harder to free motion quilt over and tends to bunch up a bit. I'll make sure I get 100% cotton next time.



On other sewing notes, the chanel style jacket is ready for the trim and pockets and I have a silk dupioni Lonsdale dress to blog about as soon as I get photos of my Mum wearing it. The chanel jacket has some bunching in front of the arms that wasn't on the muslin thats got me a bit annoyed, I'm not planning on taking it apart again (it took a couple of goes to get the sleeves in) but I'd like to work out why its happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment