Monday, May 19, 2014

Simplicity 9384: Snow White dress



I made this last weekend for my friends daughter. I picked this pattern up at the op-shop, it's OOP now. I made a straight sz 4 for her, she's 3 so I think its very close to a RTW size.

Not much to say about it, the instructions are good, the sleeves are fiddly but end up nicely poufy.


Fabric is all cotton broadcloth from Spotlight, zipper is from my stash. The dress is unlined and has facings (I was really tempted to stitch them down but have left them for now as they are sitting inside nicely).
 
The cape isn't meant to have fastenings but I added a couple of plastic snaps to it.


I didn't bother making the dickey, I did think about attaching the big white collar to the cape but this way the cape can be a generic superhero one!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute. Looks like there was a lot of work in sewing those sleeves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I so wish my daughter was your enough to want to wear something like this....Maybe I can make an adult sized one for me?

    ReplyDelete