Monday, January 21, 2013

Vogue 8774: Corduroy jeans



 

I've had this stretchy thin wale corduroy in my stash for awhile, I got it on the clearance table at Spotlight ages ago. Its got a lot of stretch and is a purple/burgundy colour.


I used Vogue 8774 again and since I only did shorts on the last pair I didn't realise the legs were so straight. I shaped them a bit to be tighter on the thigh and flare slightly from the knee but next version I'm going to frankenpattern on the Thurlow legs.

I did an adjustable waistband again, I stuffed up somehow though and did the waistband narrower than the last pair and couldn't do any topstitching as I could only barely fit the elastic through!


I used a metal zipper and the facings are cotton that was from a garage sale.

I've never had a pair of corduroy pants before and they feel funny to walk in, its like the cord acts like Velcro on itself! They are seriously comfy though and something different than the usual denim jeans plus it was stash fabric!

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous jeans and what a wonderful fit. Love all the details and the waistband facing. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fit it's great and if its comfy them it's a winner x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very comfy, it a pity that its still too hot to wear them now!

      Delete
  3. They look great!! I love the fabric, soft and stretchy, and a level up from denim.
    Once again you've made things click for me! (And this is why I love reading your blog, Thank You!!) I've had similar fabric in my stash, enough for a skirt (Beignet) and pants, but just couldn't figure out what pattern for them. Jeans style is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanyou! I've had the fabric for ages too and couldn't work out what to do with it, but it does make nice pants :)

      Delete
  4. These look great on you; I really like the color. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colour and the fit is fab. Can I ask where you get your rivets from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie, I got these ones from mrecht.com.au but I really like the prym brand ones too (sometimes they are on ebay). I do find the rivet shank a little bit too long on the mrecht ones and have to cut them shorter with sidecutters before I can use them

      Delete
  6. I love this deep plum colour! The pants look like a great change from denim for winter. And the fit looks spot-on...super sewing...J

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look fantastic! The leg width and shaping are perfect, and very flattering - I'm very tempted to get the pattern and try to get the same look. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! The leg as drafted is very straight though, I have to taper them a good inch at the knees to get them to flare this much :)

      Delete
  8. you are some magical pants wizard! Every single pair you make are tailored to perfection. And purple? Epic. Win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything's better in purple! Thanks Amanda :)

      Delete
  9. those pants look amazing - so flattering and well sewn. Your facing fabric is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I said on your PR review, I think these jeans are fabulous. I wonder if you would do a tutorial on how you used your block to adjust this pattern (if you had the time, of course). I've got a decent fitting pants base, but I don't even know where to start to adjust a commercial pattern with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next pair of pants pattern I adjust I'll take some pics and put up how I do it, Its easier than you think :)

      Delete
    2. That would be awesome. Thank you!

      Delete